Thursday, February 21, 2013

PLN


I love Pinterest!! I have discovered so many creative ideas for the classroom and for my personal life. I also quickly realized how many awesome blogs there are out there!! I have added some of my favorite blogs to my blog list. I am a follower many Pinterest boards. I was even inspired to create another blog strictly devoted to sharing what I am doing in my classroom....unfortunately, I can't keep it up and going. I forget  or have too many other things going on.
Teachers should be sharing and collaborating with others online...it's soo easy now. We can learn so much from one another. I also enjoy reading the logistics of using a web 2.0 tool or app...making it work in your classroom, so I can easily implement it in my classroom.
If I need an idea or want to try and change up something I go to Edmodo. I typically receive feedback within a few hours. I also try to explore Edmodo to see how I can share ideas to other teachers. I joined the SBISD Ed Tech community on Google+ and TCEA. 

I clicked through some of the PLN hubs, but it is a bit overwhelming. I am now following some Ed Tech folks on Twitter. I really like Krystal's idea of using Flipboard app...putting everything in once place makes it so much more manageable to check on updates. 
Technology has made connecting with other educators so much easier and has transformed education. There is just so much out there.







3 comments:

  1. Pinterest is definitely an obsession of mine as well...I have recently seen an increase in people who will both tweet and pin their articles/thoughts/observations. It can be overwhelming at times to dive into the PLN but it is so worth it - I learn more online than anywhere else now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There IS a lot out there! You make it sound as though you have found ways to "filter" and make sense of it all. I'm not very consistent. Some days I'm "hot" on Twitter, sometimes blogs and wikis. However, I have found no matter which tool I focus on, I'm able to find useful information! Do you think 4th graders could develop their own PLNs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you are using your PLN to plan your teaching and learning sessions. Now that is what I call changing practices. You definitely get it!

    ReplyDelete